fredag 27. mai 2011

New Furniture Landskape

These tables are the New Furniture Landscape for Queen of Hoxton designed by Shai Akram and Andrew Haythornthwait from OKAY Studio Collective. They have designed and installed a new panorama of furniture at The Queen of Hoxton in London. Each of the tables legs have padded heat shrink 'socks' protecting them from the wear and tear they will face tables come in various shapes, heights and sizes to accommodate the various activities that occur in the bar setting.
I think these tables are very great, and I like that the designers have made a whole installation around them. The different colored bottom of the table-legs are great, and I like that each table has different shapes and sizes. They kind of remind me of a carpenter-bench, and I like when design can remind me of something familiar. I also like the visual bolts that hold the tables together. Rough and basic, but still pretty and visually stunning. 
If you want to read more about these tables or the designer, you have to visit either www.okaystudio.org or www.thequeenofhoxton.co.uk.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...